We hope you enjoyed yesterday’s workshop and dinner. For our last daily challenge, MSA’s Green Week team is focusing on transportation.
- Carpool | Two people carpooling lessens the impact of a trip by half, three people carpooling lessens it by two-thirds, and so on.
- Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator if possible. It’s good for your body and the environment.
- Try more environmentally friendly commutes to school or work. The No Impact Week guide ranks them in order of harmful impact on the environment
- Walking (nature’s transport)
- Other non-motorized transportation
- Public transportation (bus first, train/subway second)
- Multiple-occupancy car
- Single-occupancy car
- The Prophet (peace be upon him) declared, “The world is beautiful and verdant, and verily Allah (SWT), be he exalted, has made you His stewards in it, and He sees how you acquit yourselves” (Muslim).
- The prophet (pbuh) said, “Prevention of damage and corruption before it occurs is better than treatment after it occurs […] The averting of harm takes precedence over the acquisition of benefits” (Majallat al-Akham al-Adliya).